Re: scalable event scheduling

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:10:46 -0700

On 01/30/2013 06:30 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> BUT .... this is not the same project Rainer is working on (replacing
> the engine, not the API).

Please note that my sketch does not replace the existing event API, it
only adds to it (just like Rainer's patch does).

There were two primary changes in the patch that Rainer has posted:

  A) An event queue engine replacement.
  B) An additional event cancellation API.

In my response, I addressed both (because the patch contained both
changes), but I do consider them separate. For example, it is possible
to replace the event queue engine without providing an additional event
cancellation API. It is also possible to provide an additional event
cancellation API without replacing the engine. And both can be done at
the same time, of course!

Cheers,

Alex.