Re: [RFC] Peek and Splice

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 18:19:17 -0200

On 02/01/2013 03:00 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> I agree with the general "everything we proxy should be available for
> analysis" principle. Getting to that point would be difficult because
> protocols and APIs such as ICAP, eCAP, external ACL helper, and
> url_rewriter were not designed to deal with "everything". They need to
> be tweaked or extended to work with non-HTTP traffic. We already do that
> in some cases (e.g., FTP) but more is needed to handle "everything".

And that is exactly why I try to encourage you to implement about it now
since doing this together with the planned change is less work than
moving it to a future project.
As a bonus it will make Squid one of the very few proxies which
takes virus scanning and content filtering really seriously.

Marcus