Re: Recommended method for building your own helpers?

From: Chris Ross <cross_at_markmonitor.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 14:46:13 -0400

On May 22, 2013, at 13:01 , Alex Rousskov wrote:
>> But, I was wondering if there is another better/easier
>> method to build helpers _outside_ of the squid source tree.
>
> Yes: Ignore Squid sources and treat your helper as a stand-alone code.
>
> Squid currently does not have headers and libraries reusable by external
> code. I am curious what Squid headers and libraries you need to write a
> good helper?

  Well, since the best documentation is code, I started with the supplied helpers. Also, since many of the parameters that can be passed are URL-encoded, I thought it logical to use the same routines in libmiscencoding to decode them, as the supplied helpers do.

  If I make it completely external, I would have to implement the rfc1738 decoding code, and then make sure to modify it if squid's ever changes. So, that's why I wanted to use squid's code.

  I will try to extract the pieces I need and build externally. But, at least the rfc1738_unescape will need to be found somewhere.

                - Chris