Re: What is The logic of Vary Headers cachiness?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 09:56:37 -0600

On 07/25/2013 12:53 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> I have been playing with the idea of locking these into memory cache, or
> using a dedicated memory area just for them to avoid the speed issues.

I do not think we should do that complex optimization, at least not
until _after_ we are done with fully supporting Vary functionality.

Correctly maintaining a specialized [shared] memory cache for x-vary
objects is difficult. Moreover, that special cache becomes an
unnecessary burden if our caching code optimizes access to popular
objects. I would rather see us focus on the latter optimization because
it would help with all transactions, not just Vary.

$0.02,

Alex.