Re: [RFC] Automating "private cache" mode in Squid

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 09:23:01 +0200

ons 2013-08-07 klockan 16:51 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> My previous thoughts around this have all revolved around the idea of
> adding the clients IP address to the cache key when private proxy mode
> is enabled. This has a major issue though in that it does not solve
> anything for users with multiple devices (and thus multiple IPs) or even
> devices using IPv4/IPv6 interchangeably (and thus multiple IPs even for
> localhost traffic).

the urltag approach used in squid-2 could be used here as general
mechanism. It allows http_port or external_acl to add a piece to the
object key.

This allows splitting cache based on
- port received on
- username
- arbitrary group of IP addresses
- anything else that you can come up with in an external acl