Re: helper protocol in 3.4

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 17:54:24 +1200

On 18/08/2013 9:32 a.m., Markus Moeller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am look at a way to provide information in addition to the username
> from the auth helper to the external acl helper
>
> Can I use kv pairs in squid 3.4 ? I see there is a kv pair group= .
> Does it mean the auth helper can return details which will be used by
> the external acl helper ?
>
> Thank you
> Markus

Yes kv-pairs are supported in 3.4.

I reserved group= so the auth helper can do exactly that. For usage in
either external ACL helpers, or in a "group" type ACL. However, at
present the internal parts of Squid do not exist to do anything with it.
The planned definition is to have helpers return one "group=" kv-pair
for each group the auth helper can identify and attach them as
annotation data to the credentials pair.

Amos