I am writing a small helper for DB auth verification, any ideas?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 15:25:24 +0300

Hey,

I am writing a small helper in ruby..
The helper will verify that the src ip has authentication to access web
throw the proxy.

I have seen a proxy "key" that is being used to access some academic
institutions and it's nice since the client just puts a line in proxy
settings for a wpad\pac file that contains all the settings..

Using a small portal we can access the login page which restricts the
user to authenticate only using one concurrent IP with auto expiration.
The authentication can be done in various ways such as a RADIUS, web
portall, AD, mac address and any idea you have in mind.

I will use the helper to write a small wiki page on external_acl_type usage.

if you do have real world scenarios in mind I am looking for them.
If you do have suggestions in mind about it I am looking for them.

Thanks,
Eliezer