Re: steady peer connection pool

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 12:38:49 +0200

Amos already answered very fully.
To me, this just seems a worthwile optimization.
Background neighbor probe with dummy request and cache_peer idle=num
seems reasonable in terms of effectiveness and implementation effort;
happy-eyeballs tcp and server-side pipelining have a lower ROE (Return
On Effort) and RONU (Return on Network Unfriendliness), so I'd
postpone them at a later stage, or just not do them.

Notice that IMO the solution to Alex' specific needs, can be more
easily addressed via an udp-based openvpn network (unless the topology
is very very complex) (tcp may work too but it'd need to be verified).

  Kinkie