Re: stringng-cherrypick r12764

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 14:23:31 +0200

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Alex Rousskov
<rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com> wrote:
> On 09/27/2013 03:52 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> As for this code specifically I see the unit tests in StringNG as having
>> three authors with various parts by each of us three.
>
> Please keep in mind that a code author is not always a code copyright
> holder. If you decide to go down this path, please make sure you list
> copyright holders.

Hi Alex,
  as a lets-meet-halfway proposal, how about changing from "(C)
someone" to "Main author: someone" and assign whatever copyright I
have to the Foundation? This would allow me (or any other developer)
to retain bragging rights, while starting to address the copyrights
issue in a more structured manner, while waiting for a formal decision
by the Foundation.

--
    /kinkie