Re: stringng-cherrypick r12764

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 19:38:57 +0200

> I will still propose to add a standardized boilerplate to Squid sources
> in a few days (I need to finish the code adding it), along with several
> related maintenance changes. I believe its reviewed/adjusted version
> will be accepted, but I suspect it will not replace all the misleading
> author/(C) lines, unfortunately. Adding a standardized boilerplate would
> still be better than maintaining the current status quo IMO.

Summarizing the discussion we had on IRC for the others' benefit.
I agree with you that some issues need to be tracked in a more
flexible manner than adding (C) statements to files.
We agree about the objective of rewarding contributors with proper recognition.
Balancing this with the need to manage and maintain this information,
and to account for the legal complexities involved, is IMO a
Foundation task. The sooner the project has a guideline, together with
the accompanying legal blurb and templates, the better.

For now I will simply remove the (C) statements, then once the policy
is in place I'll simply follow it.

--
    /kinkie