Re: Regarding porting collapsed_forwarding feature to squid 3.2 or later

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 08:01:29 -0700

On 12/09/2013 12:07 AM, Saifuddin Rangwala wrote:

> I am interested in getting the collapsed_forwarding feature
> in latest squid version.
>
> I am more than happy to see if I can do the porting myself and contribute.

Thank you very much for your kind offer. To start with, please test
whether the ported collapsed forwarding feature in the following
unofficial branch addresses your specific needs:

  https://code.launchpad.net/~measurement-factory/squid/collapsed-fwd

That code has been synchronized with Squid trunk and is being prepared
for the official submission. It has been tested primarily with [Large]
Rock and shared memory caches.

Reviewing the commit history of that branch might be a useful first step
towards development of new features or fixes. Please use squid-dev for
further discussions (rather than personal emails).

HTH,

Alex.