URL redirection with Squid 3.4

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:59:33 -0200

all,

as discussed in a previous thread, the URL rewriter protocol of Squid 3.4 is different than with previous versions of Squid.
Despite Amos' belief, I found out yesterday that there is no backward compatibility since a typical redirection URL is
    www.example.com/foo.cgi?category=adult&url=http://www.example.com/foo/bar
and Squid 3.4 has a parser that splits tokens at '=' and then complains that it does not understand the answer of the URL redirector.

I modified ufdbGuard to have a configurable option "squid-version" which determines how to answer to Squid.
With respect to ufdbGuard, users will have to upgrade ufdbGuard and this issue is resolved.
Other URL redirectors have the same issue if the redirected URL has an equal sign.

Just to inform you. Maybe there are backward compatibility issues in other areas because of the parser that splits input at '='.

Marcus