Re: [RFC] Squid process model and service name impact

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:07:17 +0200

On 01/26/2014 02:59 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> So how do we safely allow users to configure where the IPC sockets are
> located on a per-worker basis while also allowing workers to communicate
> over them to each other?

We should not consider squid users as persons which needs protection
from their self. The only required is a default value which is enough
good for most of the configurations.
High customization was always an advantage on unix/linux world.
I can remember more problems with software does not allow you to
configure various things.