Re: [RFC] Squid process model and service name impact

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:44:36 +0100

> PS. If someone wants to create a /var (or /foo/*) layout that does not
> match the FHS (S = standard) layout for these filesystem based objects,
> then please let them come forward with a reason for it.

One such case I can think of is embedded systems (e.g. openwrt), where
the system is loosely FHS, but it's readonly and the only writeable
parts (which end up including many configurations) are in /tmp.
But this brings an entirely different question: how much are we
willing to invest in order to support those kind of systems?

--
    /kinkie