Re: Regression introduced in trunk r13201 (large rock merge)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:55:28 +1300

FWIW; this seems to be the same issue is under discussion in squid-users
thread "rock store: a bug or ...?". Cc'ing Henrik Lidström and Nikolai
Gorchilov.

Henrik, Nokolai: if you could followup to squid-dev in future about this
please.

On 2014-02-04 05:25, Kinkie wrote:
> Hi,
> it appears that the large rock merge has introduced a regression,
> probably related to the handling of keepalive and/or about finishing
> to send an object to a client.
>
> I have confirmed that the issue is NOT present in revno 13200, but it
> is present in r13203 (r13201 and r13202 do not compile).
> To reproduce, it is enough to use ab on squid, NOT enabling keepalive
> (with keepalive enabled, squid works just fine).
>
> $ ab -c10 -n100 -X localhost:3128 http://www.example.com/
>
> Notice: it doesn't make a difference whether a rock cache_dir is used
> or whether collapsed_forwarding is enabled or not; the issue is
> present regardless.

Confirmed here with AUFS caching and collapsed-forwarding left at
default. The explicit Connection:close request fails to complete and
close when there is only one request on the connection. I have not yet
replicated with multiple requests.

Amos