Re: New functionality: Caching objects on PUT requests

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:09:36 -0700

On 02/19/2014 03:11 AM, Rajiv Desai wrote:
> I am interested in adding functionality to squid to optionally add
> objects from PUT requests to cache. Has there been any related work
> done in the past or is being pursued currently that I can use as
> reference?

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, do you want Squid to take
the body of a PUT request and store it in the cache so that subsequent
GET requests for the same URI will result in a cache hit? If yes, what
response headers do you want Squid to use when caching that PUT body?
Will the PUT body contain response headers?

What is your use case? That is, why do you want this feature?

Thank you,

Alex.