Re: r13295: cache_mem + rock store = "memCopy: could not find start of [x,y) in memory"

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:01:57 -0700

On 03/03/2014 04:03 PM, Niki Gorchilov wrote:

> FATAL: Squid has attempted to read data from memory that is not
> present. This is an indication of of (pre-3.0) code that hasn't been
> updated to deal with sparse objects in memory. Squid should
> coredump.allowing to review the cause.

I have seen one manifestation of such a bug in Rock and fixed it. IIRC,
trunk r13295 you are using has that fix, but I am not 100% certain and
will need to research that. Getting a back trace may be useful.

> Unfortunately, no core dumps are available for unknown reason.

That part I am sure about since I faced the same problem: The fatal()
call that src/stmem.cc code printing the above FATAL message is using
does not trigger a core dump; it just exits. We should be calling
fatal_dump() there instead.

Cheers,

Alex.