Re: atomic ops on i386

From: Stuart Henderson <stu_at_spacehopper.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:00:02 +0000 (UTC)

(My previous reply to this didn't make it through as I'm not subscribed,
so re-sending via gmane.)

On 2014-04-15, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> Stuart,
> what compiler version(s) is this needing to build on?
>
> I am thinking its about time we started using C++11 native atomic
> support when available.
>
> Amos

As far as OpenBSD is concerned, the base OS on most architectures uses
gcc 4.2.1, but gcc 4.8.2 and/or clang 3.3 (update pending, but we have some
issues with web browser builds to fix first) are available in packages and
used for a few things already (e.g. vlc, some browsers, libreoffice, CUPS)
and wouldn't be a problem for the arches where Squid is actually likely to
be run.