Re: How long is a domain or url can be?

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 10:13:15 -0300

On 05/01/2014 12:50 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> On 05/01/2014 02:52 AM, Marcus Kool wrote:
>> Eliezer,
>>
>> It is not clear what you want to achieve... If you just want to use a
>> URL filter
>> I suggest to use ufdbGuard. I am the author, give support, there are
>> regular
>> updates, it is multithreaded and holds only one copy in memory, and has
>> a documented
>> proprietary database format which is 3-4 times faster than squidGuard.
>>
>> Marcus
> Thanks Marcus,
>
> I am looking at couple things:
> I want to understand how SquidGuard was filtering data and doing policy stuff (since i am not able to think alone).
> I will try to look at ufdbGuard but now I know I can ask you if not SquidGuard team.
>
> Is it possible with ufdbGuard to update the DB without the need to reload or do anything?

No, but ufdbguard reloads very fast and it has configuration options on how to behave during reload:
- block all traffic
- allow all traffic
- allow and slow down all traffic (to reduce the number of unfiltered URLs)

> (is it ok to ask you in private?)

Sure, if questions are not related to squid it is better not to use the squid list.

Marcus