Re: r13497: Converts the PortCfgPointer to reference counted

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 17:59:12 +1200

On 15/07/2014 5:02 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 07/14/2014 03:48 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Converts the PortCfgPointer to reference counted
>
> This change should have gone through an audit IMO, but I appreciate
> having an entire Sunday to react to the "will commit shortly" notice for
> a not yet posted patch.

The patch was posted on 23rd June (3 weeks). Only changes since then
were library link dependencies on unit tests. Sorry that the reminder
turned out to be Sunday. I keep forgetting the weekend overlap lag.

>> - if (!s.valid()) {
>> + if (!s) {
>> // it is possible the call or accept() was still queued when the port was reconfigured
>> debugs(33, 2, "HTTP accept failure: port reconfigured.");
>> return;
>
> While the port pointer could get invalidated in the [fixed] old code, it
> cannot become nil in the new code. The above comment is no longer valid
> and the code itself no longer works as intended. Please fix both
> instances of the above logic: one in httpAccept() and one in httpsAccept().
>
> AFAICT, if you simply replace the above code with a comment warning that
> the port may no longer be in the current configuration, we will continue
> to start transactions previously accepted on no longer configured ports.
> Hopefully, this will not cause any new problems, but there may be a
> better solution.

Good catch. I think this is actually dead code now and can be removed
completely now that it is a ref-counted port. Do you agree on that?

Amos