Re: Squid 3.5 release timetable

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 12:22:44 -0600

On 07/24/2014 10:37 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> If any of you have patches lined up for commit or
> about to be, please reply to this mail with details so we can triage
> what gets in and what can hold off in audit.

Here are some of the bigger items on the Factory plate:

* Native FTP support (works great; still working on class renaming)
* Peek and Splice (now with SNI; probably ready but may need polishing)
* StoreID via eCAP/ICAP (waiting for audit or Store-ID naming comments)
* on-disk header updates or Bug #7 (probably more than two weeks out)
* Store API polishing (no ETA; depends on bug #7)
* post-cache REQMOD support (may be available late August 2014)

Judging by the trunk items listed on the RoadMap wiki page, the only
major v3.5 improvement already available is Large Rock, so getting at
least the first two items in would be necessary to justify the
maintenance/porting overheads of a new Squid version IMO.

HTH,

Alex.