Re: SIGHUP hangs squid ...

From: Tony Lorimer <tlorimer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:42:40 +1000 (EST)

Andre,

I had a similar problem and I found it was due to Unix Domain sockets being
used for the dnserver processes. Here's what I did.

Turn on debugging to level 9 in the config file, set number of dnsservers to
1. Start up squid, send it a kill -1. You should find that squid is waiting
on 1 file descriptor, the dnsserver FD is the one that its waiting on.

If this is the case then I have some code to get around this problem.

Please let me know.

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Andre van der Vlies wrote:

> According to the doc I should be able to reconfigure squid by sending it
> a SIGHUP. However, the cache hangs I can't get an proxy request through.
> I'm running on IRIX 5.3 .... (native compiler)
>

> Andre van der Vlies <andre@cb.hva.nl>
> System Administrator
> Hogeschool van Amsterdam
> Stadhouderskade 55, Amsterdam
> tel: (+31) 20 5702654
> http://www.cb.hva.nl/~andre
> Key fingerprint = 99 DC D6 01 96 C2 48 80 DC 9C D5 D2 34 F6 A6 5D

Tony Lorimer(tlorimer@au.mdis.com) Phone: +612 4365700
UNIX Consultant
MDIS - McDonnell Information Systems Pty Ltd Fax : +612 4392439
Sydney Australia Voice: +612 4365751