Re: PL14 still dumps core.

From: Justin Viiret <justin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 20:15:13 +0000 ()

On Sun, 9 Jun 1996, Dave Andersen wrote:

> It's not just you. Mine's been dumping core all day on me (FreeBSD
> 2.1-stable). I submitted a trace to squid-bugs.

And me, too, under FreeBSD 2.1R - it seems to fail on DNS lookups for
certain things, i.e. it's fine for connecting to cyburbia.net.au but it
coredumps on an attempt to http connect to www.cyburbia.net.au, which is
just an alias for cyburbia.net.au. b12 was fine - b13 and b14 both do the
coredump thing.

trace:
--------
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.13 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc...

Core was generated by `squid'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
#0 0x80a6ee5 in end ()
(gdb) where
#0 0x80a6ee5 in end ()
#1 0x80a687c in end ()