Re: Again IMS handling (Squid PL15)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik.nordstrom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 23:26:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Richard Huveneers wrote:

> I'm confused. What if the client sends an IMS request for an object which
> is not present in the cache? Squid used to log TCP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE.
> Does it log TCP_MISS now?

Yes.

TCP_MISS is all kinds of cache misses.
TCP_REFRESH is a cache hit, but the user requested (by Pragma: no-cache)
that the object should not be fetched from cache. If this results
in a new object, then the cache is updated.
TCP_HIT cache hit
TCP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE cache hit with IMS

---
Henrik Nordstrom