Re: Need real SQUID hierarchies for experiment ...

From: Chris Tilbury <C.J.Tilbury@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 16:32:57 +0100 (BST)

On 17 Jun 96 at 11:18, squid-users@nlanr.net wrote:

> I need examples of real hierachical SQUID configurations to simulate and
> experiment with caching protocols. I don't need to use any caches out
> there, just have an idea of how SQUID caches are being configured in the
> real world. I do need configurations with as many caches as possible. A
> single cache will not do.

With this in mind, has anyone had any thoughts about updating the cache
registration service with an (optional) feature that not only reports the
cache server, but also reports the parents and neighbours (siblings) of that
server?

If every squid cache out there not only announced it's existence, but also
announced *who* it was looking at as it's relatives, then it would probably
be possible (although non-trivial, I'm sure) to get some kind of overall
hierarchy drawn up in an automated fashion. Just think - we could have a
world map of squid caches and their relatives created! :-)

Just a thought ....

Cheers,

Chris