Re: Logfile analysis scripts

From: RHS Linux User <ralle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 12:34:26 +0200

Duane Wessels wrote:

> >: to give me some statistics on Client Usage and others. The only thing
> >: that still doesn't work is the Top 25 listing.
> >
> > I find that initially this worked, then as the logs grew a little
> > (we are only a small site) that perl started core dumping
> > (perl 5.002 under FreeBSD 2.1-stable)

Perl doesn't doump core for me (Linux 2.0) but the script will simply
write just the Ttable headers to the report file. Perl doesn't need any
special setup to use dbm databases, does it?

> This is why the access-extract-urls.pl uses dbm databases for
> the assoc arrays. It opens them in /var/tmp/...

There are no files in /var/tmp while the script runs :( . Did you change
the scripts since squid beta11 came out, cause that's when I got then.

Ralph