(no subject)

From: J F VIOLA stagiaire CRI <jviola@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 09:45:05 +0200

Hello,

We are new in running Squidb17 and we have some few questions we want
to submit to you. (Sorry for the quit long mail...)

  1. ACL
  ------

  Inside the doc directory provided with the soft, there is a file
containing some informations. We don't understand the example about
ACLs :

>For example, your cache might be configured to accept requests
>from both inside and outside of your organization. In that case you'd
>probably want to allow internal clients to access anything, but limit
>outside access to only sites within your organization. It could be
>done like this:
>
> acl ourclients src 128.138.0.0/255.255.0.0 198.117.213.0/24
> acl ourservers domain .whatsamattu.edu
>
> http_access deny !ourclients !ourservers
> http_access allow ourclients

    => what do you want to do and how do you do it ?

  2. FTPGET SERVER

  What is exactly the duty of the ftpget server which is always running ?
  What information is provided by the tag 'ftp_user' and in which case
  this information is useful ?