Re: acl performance

From: Duane Wessels <wessels>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 96 07:55:28 -0700

tanjs@technet.sg writes:

>Hi all,
>
>Have been using b17 and so far is working fine. However, would like to
>know is there any theoretical or empirical result for having 2000 acl or
>is the performance preditable for such a big list?
>
>PS:
>Presently, I'm 3 sparc 20 and using neighboring configuration. There
>is only 7 acl.

The current implementation may be too simple for so many. They are stored
in a simple linear linked-list, so there may be too much time spent
traversing the list. It will depend on how busy your cache is.

Also it may break the config file parsing. Each ACL name must
(currently) be written on one line, which should not be longer than
1024 characters.

Duane W.