Re: Problem with FTP II

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik.nordstrom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 1996 16:38:33 +0200

Hello Thomas.

> That was the mistake (I thought). I played a bit with this option.
> If I use #inside_firewall then it SEEMS to work,
> but...
>
> Now, both ftp AND http are fetched directly from the destination
> hosts. :-(((

Remember that Squid handles cacheable and uncacheable requests different.
Only requests that may be cached (and fetched from a cache) are sent
to parents. All else is sent directly as soon as possible. If you press
Reload, then the request falls into the first (not allowed to fetch from
a cache) and is sent directly.

> acl ftp_access proto ftp
> cache_host_acl cache.foo.com !ftp_access
>
> Then the nice "double-check-config" message appears again, the host
> is outside of my firewall.

You can't use inside_firewall. If you use inside_firewall then you
will get this message on all ftp requests outside the firewall.
(since squid requires a parent to fetch objects outside inside_firewall).

---
Henrik Nordstrom