Re: ACL Extensions

From: PETER STUBBS <PETERS@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun Jul 7 15:40:57 1996

> >I have an interest in seeing ACL extended in two ways and I would
> >like to know if anyone is currently working on either or both of
> >these.
> >
> >1.) Excluding a large list of sites.
> > The current method is not practical for a "large" list. Such a
> >list would of require some type of hash or indexing function. It
> >would also reside outside of the config file.
>
> This item is on my to-do list.

I've been thinking about this too. But I'd love to see some way of
sharing ACL's between caches. If a group of cache admins could share
ACL's they could pool together. Perhaps with a format like

acl some.host.name:port acl_name

Then when changes where made on the remote host my acl would be
updated.

I'm in the process of banning chat sites here in the school, and it
would be good to be able to share my hard won info to other schools
in the area running squid.

Perhaps a another new protocol, SACLSP (Squid ACL Sharing Protocol)!

Cheers,
Peter

Peter Stubbs, St Aidan's AGS.
ph +61-07-3379-9911, fax +61-07-3379-9432