Re: problem with size squid cache

From: Duane Wessels <wessels>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 96 15:40:45 -0700

dth@cistron.nl writes:

>thanks for your quick answer !
>
>You wrote:
>> Depending on how busy your cache is, you may be expiring objects
>> as fast as new ones are coming in. Maybe add '20,2' to the debug_options
>
>I did ...
>
>> and look for lines from storeGetSwapSpace in the cache.log.
>
>Couldn't find it in the logs:

That probably means that objects are expiring as fast as
they are coming in. I suggest you look at
http://www.nlanr.net/Cache/Vitals/. There is a sample Perl
script you can use to poll your cache regularly and then graph
the disk usage.

If you see the disk usage doing a zig-zag pattern, then it means
objects are being forced out to make room for new ones. If the
plot is smooth, then you're not running out of disk space.

Duane W.