Old problems cleaned up

From: Jost Krieger <Jost.Krieger@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Jul 1996 14:38:12 +0200

I'd like to follow up on two old problems I posted:

1. Under Solaris, I had quite commonly problems with failing
   DNS lookups, which strangely reported authoritative errors
   for perfectly functioning addresses.
   My interim solution was to link squid against a newer resolver library.
   The final solution was to make nsswitch.conf world readable again :-)

2. When I switched to squid-1.0.0, my cache was emptied.
   This was a consequence of a URL-buffer overrun that ruined the logfile
   name, I deduce. (The problem has been fixed in the meantime.)
   As I rarely have to restart squid (mainly for introducing a new version),
   a very old logfile must have bben laying around, which was picked up by the new
   squid, and promptly everything expired.

Jost

--
Jost Krieger, Postmaster, Rechenzentrum der Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
Jost.Krieger@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de