Re: Machines without mmap()?

From: Holger Hoffstaette <Holger.Hoffstaette@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 96 20:26:34 +0200

>Is anybody here (or knows anyone) running Squid on a machine that
>does not support mmap()? What OS(version) is it?

NEXTSTEP (Mach) has excellent VM mechanisms, but no stock
mmap(). It could be wrapped up with a few lines of code, though.
Why not make it compile conditionally, i.e. -DHAVE_MMAP ?
I realize not too many NEXTSTEP machines (esp. servers) run web
caches, but at least mine does (and it works great!) - and then
there's also people with older versions of *BSD or Linux where
mmap() is broken.

Holger

---
Holger Hoffstatte // Holger.Hoffstaette@schwaben.de (MIME/NeXT/Sun/PGP)