Using squid to restrict user access/client

From: Franz Heinrich <Franz.Heinrich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 17:55:57 +0200

Hi Proxy Gurus,

  we are a company with several hundred WWW clients. We want to allow all
clients to access "Intranet" and want to restrict the access to the internet.
We have to stop about one hundred clients accessing internet. I think i built a
configuration, wich works for us. It's only a few lines to allow the access to
intranet for all and to stop the access to internet for some clients.

 But what will happen to my squid server, when i stop 100 clients?
 What about the performance?
 Is there a internal restriction for the number of aclnames,...??

I hope anybody built a simlar configuration and succeded.

Franz Heinrich

7.sys GmbH (a company of the Pro Sieben Group)
Gutenbergstr. 3
85767 Unterfoehring
Germany

Tel: +49 89 9507-5232