Re: squid wouldn't start because of ttyinput

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:27:55 +0800 (WST)

On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Mitsuho Iizuka wrote:
>> But on my previous e-mail, I wrote wrong phrase. I found that squid
>> waited for some input from tty even if after printing 127.0.0.1. I'm
>> not sure for what squid was waiting, as follows.

Well I had no problems like that, since my shell automattically redirects
STDIN to /dev/null on background jobs. But maybe RunCache should be made
to do this?

Note that this is a common problem on unix machines with shells which
don't do automatic redirection on backgrounding, not specific to squid.
Hence, "rsh -n". (rsh -n, on most unix systems, does an rsh with STDIN
redirected to /dev/null). The rsh man page on my system lists this as a
csh problem.

David.