Re: squid stalls for 5-10 minutes

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 12:30:46 +0800 (WST)

On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Edward Moy wrote:
>> Since yesterday, I've been running a script that does a cache_object
>> request to the server every 5 minutes. Three times this morning, the
>> server stopped accepting connections (both regular HTTP and my
>> cache_object connection) for between 5 and 10 minutes, as my script would
>> miss two consecutive polls.

When I was getting cache_object://localhost/stats/objects every 4 hours,
it caused a 1/2 hour lockup each time I did this. It would get connection
timed out. I now only this cache object once a day at 4am each morning.
This is from my main cache (v1.0.1, about 50k accesses/day, over 100k
items (about 2.5G) in cache).

David.