Re: < ftp-problem with windows-nt ftpserver >

From: <carson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 15:47:20 -0400

>>>>> "Florian" == Florian Lohoff <flo@mini.gt.owl.de> writes:

Florian> It is not in the Output because it is deleted. But then you are not
Florian> getting the "Original" output in the Browser. But what if Microsoft
Florian> is Localizing the String for example german "<Ordner>" like they
Florian> did in the MS-Mail things for "Re:" -> "AW:" ? Then this patch wont
Florian> help anymore. So why not doing a solution for everything which
Florian> confuses an HTML browser e.g. all Pseudo HTML Tags which start with
Florian> "<" and end with ">".

Because if it isn't <DIR>, we have no idea it's a directory, so we won't be
able to parse it, so we'll just bail anyway, so what's the point?

Of course, if microsoft continues to do stupid things like localize Re:
(which is specified as exactly those characters in several RFCs), we may be
forced to put more bizarre code in to accomodate them.

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson@cs.columbia.edu carson@lehman.com
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html