Re: Most than 1 million Req per day

From: Ong Beng Hui <ongbh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 00:15:41 +0800 (SST)

> You differentiating between ICP and end-users there? I see your site
> is consistently top of my aggregated stats, but I doubt if we serve much
> data to you.

Me ? Hey, guess what, your proxy just hit the top
100 hosts list.

Check out
http://www.singnet.com.sg/cache/proxy/lily/state.120806.html
1147 req 192.189.54.2 myangup.connect.com.au

Probably due to out National Day here in Singapore
and Singaporean living in Australia accessing
the local sites ?

> We're on a Sparc/Ultra, 256Mb memory, 12Gb striped as cache and serving
> a big wadge, but I don't yet have a feel for which line count we're summing
> here to derive the "hitrate" -If we can agree what we're looking for in
> stats I'll share mine...

For mine, I use the TCP hit rate as a approx hit rate.
From my understand, every ICP hit will be translated
(eventually) to a TCP hit. Because ICP doesn't transfer
the data. So, ultimately, all hit should be judged
from TCP hit.

Correct me if I am wrong.

*8)
Ong Beng Hui