Re: Maxconnections per user.

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 22:00:10 +0800 (WST)

>> Be a "Bastard Operator From Hell" and write a crontab
>> that runs several times a day and that changes the users preferences
>> files to your needs. Otherweise change their preference files,
>> change the ownership to root so they are not able to write any
>> changes.

remember when doing this that you must also remove directory write
permission. I've seen so many places with security in .kshrc (or similar)
where you can just ftp in and 'dele .kshrc' (ie, rm -f file, remotely).

similarly, if you just change the permissions on the prefs file, they
still have perms to the .netscape dir, so they can override the
permissions on the prefs file.

David.