Hit ratio, mirrors

From: this.is/Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 23:18:04 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

This could go into the FAQ (is there a FAQ ?)

From the Utilization stats I get 40% hit ratio.

Does this tell me Squids effect for bandwith conservation?
----------

Also I have been thinking about the problem of mirroring.

There are:

38 web locations for Apache HTTP Server Project.
(http://www.apache.org/ + 37 Mirror sites)

multiple download sites for Netscape and other popular software.

multiple servers for popular sites with slightly different URLs

I could go on, but my point is: Should we put some effort into un-doing
all this human effort by making (manualy or automatically)
a list of equivelents?

Regards
ragnar@this.is
this.is/ragnar