Re: running cachemgr.cgi

From: Andreas Strotmann <Strotmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 09:50:13 +0200

On Aug 23, 0:48, Martin Gleeson wrote:
> Subject: Re: running cachemgr.cgi
> Peter Schaefer wrote:
>
> >Richard Hall wrote:
> >> What this means is that 1) You must grant access in squid.conf to the
> >> machine on which the http server is running in order to see the cache
> >> manager functions at all via a browser.
>
> >Sorry for a few more questions, but it doesnt work:
> >grant access in squid.conf like this?:
>
> >acl peter src host-ip-number/net-mask
> >http_access deny manager !peter
>
> >the host-ip-address is the ip-address of my computer connected via
> >ethernet to the squid-server(same as www-server)
>
> The host-ip-address must be the IP address of the WWW server that
cachemgr.cgi
> runs on (as Richard said), _not_ the computer your web browser runs on.

In my case, the problem was solved thus:

  http_access deny manager !peter
  http_access allow manager peter

(I had removed the 'http_access allow all' line, so manager functions had
to be allowed explicitly).

>-- End of excerpt from Martin Gleeson

Hope this helps,

Andreas

--
Andreas Strotmann       / ~~~~~~ \________________A.Strotmann@Uni-Koeln.DE
Universitaet zu Koeln  /| University of Cologne   \