Squid as proxy/cache and NO server ?

From: Bodo Randt <bodo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 15:55:12 +0100 (WET DST)

Hi,

1)

I want to use squid as proxy cache with no server behind ( replace
i.e. cern httpd's function of proxy and cache in one).

Currently it works only if I use squid as cache in front of a spinner
server who does the proxy work.
        cache_host myServerHost parent 8080 8080

How do I have to set which appropriate variables in squid.conf?

2)

If I could use the cache of our provider as parent and this cache is
offline, how do I instruct squid to fetch the page directly without
waiting for a parent?

Bodo Randt

| STN ATLAS Elektronik GmbH D-28305 Bremen |
| Bodo Randt Simulation Division ETZ21 Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235 |
| +49/421/457-3172 -4120 fax |
|___________ randt@atlas.de _________ postmaster@atlas.de __________|