Re: to stupid to use cachemgr.cgi

From: Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 10:05:37 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (Christian Krackowizer) hast geschrieben:

>Where's the failure:
>I ran an CERN 3.0A-Server on the same machine as squid (1.1alpha12).

>I can access cachemgr.cgi, I can fill out the HOST, but after submitting it,
>I get an error of CERN - 'Error 500 - this server is not configured to
>handle POST'.
>I'm not sure if this is an error of CERN or an error given back from squid?
>Any ideas?

Seems that you have disabled POST-Requests through your CERN.

In *** GENERAL SETTINGS/DIRECTIVES ***

would be an Enable and a Disable Option.

Default is to enable GET HEAD and POST and to disable all others

If you comment these lines out, then this behaviour should run.

Look at
http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Daemon/User/Config/Overview.html

Cord

--