Re: FTP PUT from the Publish button of Netscape Gold

From: Ong Beng Hui <ongbh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 08:43:17 +0800 (SST)

> >Netscape 3.0b7 allows you to edit a WWW page on your PC and then hit the
> >Publish button when you want to copy the file to the server. This works
> >fine if I configure Netscape to have "No Proxies". However, if I
> >configure Netscape to use our local cache, then Squid (1.0.6) gets in the
> >way. I get the following error message:

I believe that Netscape Gold series of browser use
the HTTP 1.1 PUT message to "put" the edited page
on the server. And I understand that Squid does
not support HTTP 1.1 yet.

Any news if Squid is support to support the draft
of HTTP 1.1 ? or if HTTP 1.1 is official ?

I believe that there are certain caching related
parameters in HTTP 1.1 that might be useful for
web cache like Squid.

*8)
Ong Beng Hui
ongbh@singnet.com.sg