Re: Number of dnsserver's

From: Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 11:28:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Hallo! Du (Pete Philips) hast geschrieben:

>While on the subject of dnsserver's, are there any guidelines relating
>how many you should have and the number of hits per day?
>
>The config file recommends 10 for a 'large' server. I currently use 10
>and get about 200,000 hits per day. Should I increase this at 0.5 million,
>1 million etc?

Hmmm. I think you should look at the Cachemanager-Interface
in Version 1.0.x "IP Cache Contents"
in Version 1.1.x "DNS Server Statistics"

there you will find the 'dnsservers use histogram'

I think, if the last dnsserver is used, you should increase the
number of processes to be on the 'save side'.

Cord

--
Cord Beermann, Webmaster der FH Lippe
webmaster@www.fh-lippe.de | http://www.fh-lippe.de/people/webadm/