cache_host & proxy-only

From: Pete Philips <pete@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 13:03:39 +0100 (BST)

I seem to remember somebody saying something about this before but
it's causing me a headache!

I've set up a new neighbour cache as follows:

cache_host IPADDRESS neighbor 8080 3130 proxy-only

Objects are being fetched from the neighbour with no problems but
it is my intention to cache nothing that is received from this neighbour
but objects are still being cached. Is there another tag that would
override/conflict with this to cause the "proxy-only" to have no
affect?

The other slightly worrying thing is that I'm getting a:

neighbors.c:570: neighborsUdpPing: Detected DEAD SIBLING: IPADDRESS

in the cache.log of the new cache machine but objects continue to be
fetched OK from that neighbour. The original machine is running 1.0.6 and
the new one is running 1.0.12.

Many thanks,

Pete.

| Pete Philips, Netcom UK \|/ |