Re: Squid acl access - neighbours & parents..

From: Gordon Henderson <gordon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 09:26:34 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Edward Henigin wrote:

> consider, also, the case where there is no router in between
> the client and the proxy host. How do you intend to implement
> security there?

This is close to my situation. Our proxy server is on a 100Mb/s ethernet
and one router away from the LINX in London which we also connect to at
100Mb/s. I'd rather the router spent all it's time routing those 100Mb/s
packets than searching filter tables!

> router cpus are *far* more expensive than workstation
> cpus. Just what exactly do you hope to gain?

Especially at those speeds (well, if you use ciscos anyway - which we
don't :)

Gordon