RE: How can I tell if it's working?

From: Paul Borgermans <pborgerm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 21:07:19 +-200

Try to look at the file content with an editor or so:

if you are using the file manager in Openwindows (Sun) or similar,
maybe its lying (needs a refresh);
also check the permissions on the log files (same userid as squid is
running under)

and finally the location of log files in the squid.conf

if you can : use a packet sniffer to view the packets on
udp and ascii ports configured
:-)