repetitive coredump!

From: Richard Hall <hall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 15:58:25 -0400 (EDT)

Uh-oh.

I just returned to my computer after being away for a while to find that
squid had spent much of the last hour and a half coredumping, restarting,
then coredumping again within 40 seconds. My mailbox was full of
coredump reports. I am running 1.1.alpha18 and using RunCache, which
restarts the cache after a coredump. I'm not sure what to do from here.
I killed RunCache and restarted squid manually, but it still crashes in
30 seconds. Here is the trace:

(gdb) where
#0 0x80103bc8 in kill ()
#1 0x800d4bd1 in abort ()
#2 0x8085921 in death (sig=11) at tools.c:243
#3 <signal handler called>
#4 0x4 in ?? ()
#5 0xffffffff in ?? ()
#6 0x800e723a in qst ()
#7 0x800e70ef in qsort ()
#8 0x8081d70 in storeGetSwapSpace (size=0) at store.c:2054
#9 0x808390f in storeMaintainSwapSpace () at store.c:2663
#10 0x807034c in mainMaintenance () at main.c:527
#11 0x80705fb in main (argc=1, argv=0x8047ce4) at main.c:633

I'll go investigating further, but I'm not sure where to look and what to
look for, so any help would be appreciated.

Much obliged,

Richard Hall
Network Services
University of Tennessee