RE: suggestion for new cachemgr-feature

From: Paul Borgermans <pborgerm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 16:24:36 +-200

Hey,

apart from the options like IMS mode etc.... (which indeed would be
nice features to add to squid), the cache host can be filled in by default *for the host running squid* at compile time, the port number is filled in by default to 3128:

after executing the ./configure script,

edit the Makefile in the src directory and uncomment the following:
HOST_OPT = # -DCACHEMGR_HOSTNAME="getfullhostname()"
HOST_OPT = -DCACHEMGR_HOSTNAME="getfullhostname()"

This works fine for us.

Cheers

Paul
email: pborgerm@sckcen.be